Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Part 1: DIY Farmhouse dining room table.

I'm so excited our new dining room table is getting close to being finished! I first saw this farmhouse style table on Pinterest and pretty much fell in love with it. I sold our old table on craigslist a little while back because our family has grown quite a bit, so I knew we'd need a bigger table to fit around:)

Loved the look of this table, so we are following this tutorials staining process, but we altered the construction process quite a bit. My hubby combined several different plans, so I can't share just one link for that.


 

Once I saw the farmhouse table and bench I knew that's what kind of table I wanted to get for the new house.

It's even 100 hundred times better now that my hubby is building it....going to be a very special piece of furniture now for us to be able to watch our kids grow around this table and have family over for holidays.

Since we are in our apartment Mason has been using his grandpa's garage to build the table.  Here is the stages thus far:

This was a month ago the night we bought the wood....just laying it out to decide what length we wanted the table to be.


Then I don't have pics of all the in between steps to get to this finished table skirt frame and support for the table top....but here it is!

Attaching the table top to the frame...

Three generations of great men working on the table.

My husband with his completed table top:)

Looking great! Just have to add legs and sand/stain the table.

Can't wait to have it finished and in our new home:))






No comments:

Post a Comment