Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pregnancy tracker: week 17


 I was going to do a front facing picture every now and again to see the difference...but my hubby snaps a pic real quick and almost every time I'm covering the chalkboard up. You think after about 10 weeks of pictures we'd have this figured out lol. I always take the pic in a hurry and don't look at it till later, so this is what I get:)



Size of baby: An onion! My uterus is now the size of a cantaloupe though and I can clearly see that bulge!

Total Weight gain: 4.5 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Wearing them more and more! Though I have plenty of regular clothes I know will fit throughout the remaining months.

Stretch marks: no

Sleep: A little better this week..finally!
Baby D slept through the entire night twice and the other nights he only woke up once. Big improvement!

Food cravings: Fruit and lemons again. Cereal, ice cream, and sour candy have also been some must haves this week.

Symptoms: Had some nausea again this week just a little, but other than that my only symptoms are my growing belly and feeling some kicks!

Best moment this week: Heard our daughters heartbeat going strong at my checkup with my midwife! 154 bpm this week.

Gender: Girl

Movement: Beginning of this week I didn't feel much probably because I rarely ever get to sit still to try and feel her move...but end of this week I've been feeling real kicks(or punches) lol. Her movements are getting much easier to feel and at least once a day I feel some pretty good kicks now.

What I miss: Nothing

What I'm looking forward to: I suppose our next and possibly last ultrasound is at 20 weeks and feeling more and more movement is always on the list.


This week my mom gave me my great granny Carter's apron. She was an amazing woman who no one seems to have anything bad to say about her. She had 13 kids and lived in a little bitty house. Including twins-that is my grandma and her sister. I suppose I admire her for that alone:) When I was little we would drive out to see her and she would have her kids, grandkids, and great grandkids over on Sunday's and would cook everyone a meal in her tiny kitchen. I barely remember her, but an apron she hand made holds special memories of a godly women who left a great legacy that her family remembers.....oh, and she was an amazing cook!

                                        Baby girl and I cooking in granny Carter's apron:)










1 comment:

  1. I love your apron! It looks so perfectly old-fashioned... what a precious gift! I have a large decorate plate that was eventually passed down to me from my great-grandmother, but only because everyone thinks it is hideous. I think it looks awesome, so I proudly display it as much as possible! lol

    ReplyDelete