Thursday, May 23, 2013

Our daughters name.

We have decided on a name for our daughter. I shortly debated waiting till birth to officially announce her name, but its already just who she is...so I'd prefer to be able to openly call her by it:) 
We have had 2 names picked out for a girl way before we started trying 2 years ago...funny thing is THE name is neither of those!

Originally the choices were:
Emberlynn Rayne Long
Or
Linley Eve Long

Thought I'd include other runners up(mostly for a middle name option only) because it will be fun to look back on:)...Eden, Everlyse, Eve, Sterling, Skye, Laekyn, Bree, and Blair.

Anyways my hubby is Mr. Opinionated when it comes to names...he would be fine naming her without my input I think lol. He is pretty much the reason for the change. He was researching names 'just to be sure' and came home one day with the name Lyla. I took a little persuading to give up my other names...Then I prayed to ask God to guide us to her name and He gave me 3 signs that this was supposed to be her name:) (1)Through a dream, (2) a devotional I read, and (3) my husband. Actually pretty cute how much Mason wanted this name. Obviously I fell in love with this new name though...or it wouldn't be her name:)

Therefore Lyla Grace Long will be here in October.


That's the short end of how 'Lyla' came to be.....also to clarify its (Lie-la) not (Lay-la). I think the spelling is pretty obvious, but since you can't here me speaking it thought I'd clarify haha.

Then 'Grace' is a Latin word obviously referring to God's unmerited favor. Grace is an undeserved gift from God..a blessing. The name is special after two losses we are beyond thankful for gift of this little girls life. She is already a blessing so big we could never do anything to deserve.

Lyla, your biggest brother loves to come over to my belly often and yell "Hello baby seester!" He has also been coloring pictures for you (and your brother) that decorate our fridge. Your daddy and I talk to you often and pray for you everyday. I know you can already hear all the chaos you will be joining~on the outside~this fall.

We are so excited to meet you Lyla Grace! Though for now please stay baking in mommy's belly till October:)


.......Oh and here is the beautiful pictures Breyton colored: one for D, one for Lyla, and one for himself. (Had to blur out D's name~on the page B had me write all their names out on). I feel so blessed everytime I look at my fridge:)...covered with these pictures and Lyla's ultrasound pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment