Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pumpkin fun.

The weather has been so perfect lately we've been spending most of our time outside. I was trying to think of something fun Breyton and I could do, so I got a pumpkin the other day so we could attempt to carve it together.
Attempt. A keyword here.
I haven't carved a pumpkin since I was a kid, but figured it was pretty easy and somewhat messy which I knew B would like. Not sure if it was the pumpkin I got or what, but when we tried to cut in to it we couldn't because the skin was ridiculously tough and hard as a rock. Therefore we had to change up the plan a little, but I think B had just as much fun this way, until we try again.....we will successfully carve a pumpkin this fall! Maybe we have to put Mason in charge so there's a little more muscle behind the knife, but I dont think anyone could have cut into yesterday's pumpkin. We even tried throwing it down on the concrete as hard as we could to bust it for entertainment at least...still didn't budge.
I ended up drawing a face on it and letting Breyton color on it with crayon(which works surprisingly well) because finger paints don't work and didn't think spray paint was a good idea:D All in all the pumpkin adventure took up a good amount of time and the original purpose was fulfilled...we were entertained!





No comments:

Post a Comment