Thursday, September 22, 2011

My love for adoption.

Do you ever have those days where your heart is so heavy for the world? Ive been having a lot of those lately. Sometimes the suffering that goes on around us seems too much for my heart to bear. I dont know why I let myself dwell on these things...sometimes I wish I had a less compassionate mind, so I wouldn't be so deeply affected by the evils of this world. Many of you  know how big of a heart I have for children, specifically orphans, but they have always been something God has placed on my heart for as long as I can remember. As I watch Breyton grow and realize just how much he needs me and depends on my love I cant help, but think about all the babies who don't have a home. I look forward to the day when the time is right for Mason and I to add a child to our family through adoption, but in the mean time I can get too caught up in the horrible things happening to sweet innocent children who just need someone to love them. The reality is I'll never be able to 'save' all the children in the world. It sucks, but its true.
I'm trying to spend more time focusing on how God has the ultimate plan and one day He will bring justice for all that has happened on this earth.  We will however have the opportunity to make a difference in some child's life. I was reading a blog about adoption earlier and came across the statistics that Ive seen before but had forgotten: "that if only 3% of the world's self professed Christians
adopted a child, there would be no more orphans in the world. That if only one family out of each church in
our country adopted one child from foster care, there would be no more adoptable foster children in America.

And yet most Christians don't adopt. Many - dare I say most? - churches don't do one thing to protect the fatherless in America or anywhere else. The result: there are still approximately 143 million orphans in the world, and over 120,000 orphans in America (in addition to another half million foster children ineligible for adoption.)"
That just blows me away that if we as children of God we're doing what God commanded us to do then there wouldn't have to be the 'fatherless'. I know I cant tell everyone they should adopt and maybe not all are called to, but consider that God commanded us to care for the orphans.That means anyone who is a born again Christian should be taking some part in making sure orphans are taken care of.  Im not doubting that adoption will be a hard road, but thankfully I do know that God will  be there every step of the way. We are so blessed to have a heavenly Father who 'adopted' us as children of God...seems so obvious the least we could do is show that same love back.

No comments:

Post a Comment