Saturday, April 20, 2013

Things to remember: April 2013


Soo..back in January/February we were busy trying to finish up foster care classes, finding out I am pregnant, getting placed with baby D, taking turns being being sick with the flu, buying house/land and then being sick with pregnancy and exhaustion. Therefore, I pretty much stopped doing my monthly posts about the funny, crazy, and sweet things Breyton says or does due to lack of sanity:) haha jk.

Anyways now things are settled down again somewhat as we've adjusted to new routines... I seriously doubt I will be doing them monthly anymore...maybe quarterly haha. Here and there I make mental notes or jot things down, so when I collect a few I'll share. Mostly because I love having these little things to look back on because these moments are priceless and I don't want to forget that.

Most of these random things I post only mean something to me..whether the melted my heart, made me laugh out loud, or cry because my baby is growing up- I will cherish them!

Here's a few from the past month or so....

1) Breyton tells me while laying in his bed one night-"Your my best sweetheart ever". Love it when he says something sweet that's totally unprompted or unexpected.

2) Apparently B has been observing how our life works and when mason left for work one day he stated, "So Dad has to go to work..because you have to stay home and take care of the kids?".

3) A father and son moment:)
Mason informed me one morning that Breyton woke up when he got home from work, so naturally he had our 3 yr old awake playing video games at 2 am...it's all good though bc I actually got to sleep through it and I woke to find them snuggled in B's bed together that morning:)
....Though I did kind of panic when I woke up and Mason was not next to me lol.

4) For some reason the other day B was coloring and calling it 'crayoning' instead. Seemed fitting!:)

5) B was pestering Mason when he was trying to read...So Mason said, "I just want to be left alone for a minute." Immediately B looked at me and said, "daddy is a toy, lets play with him!" Lol

6) We drove down to vote(in a city election) so naturally B wanted to come in with me and I didn't want to get him out bc it was raining and cold....so Mason was trying to talk him out of it and told him you don't want to go in there it's just a bunch of old people. B thought for a quick second and replied, "I like old people."

7) This was the other day after it rained for like 48 hours straight and we walked outside the next morning and B said, "Momma, it stopped raining!! Is God gonna send us brand-new rain soon?"

8) This is Breyton a few mornings ago in his room- "Hurry mom!" (as he is filling his bed with stuffed animals)..."Jesus told me to build an ark and all the animals, you, baby D, have to get on before it rains!"

9) For 3 days straight Breyton pretended to be a police officer and upon waking up one of those days he walked in to the living room (where I was) and said to me, "Say good morning Mr. police officer."

10) Then giving baby D a kiss the other morning he said, "baby D you are the bestest...and you are my favorite!"

Soo sweet:) I won't mention all the times he tries to take D's toy, hits, or says something mean lol...really those are more rare. He truly does love having his baby brother. Breyton gets excited just like an adult when D reaches a new milestone. It's so cute he will shout for everyone to look when D claps, crawls, feeds himself, etc.

As a parent part of me of course wants D to stay a baby forever...but I seriously can't wait till D is talking because I think those two boys conversations are going to be priceless and unforgettable! I look forward to so much with the two of them...soon to be 3 of course!

Here are some random photos....as usual I sooo wish I could share the freakin adorable ones I have with baby D in them!


                  This pose and expression needs the caption....'Hey ladies...'




Stopped to get ice cream after his class one day! He was a little excited!


Wearing a pair of old glasses his Grammy gave him and I jokingly told him to make a 'smart face'...he immediatly did this...which seemed like the perfect nerdy pose lol!

                                                   Sporting a beard at bath time!

Having not a 'tea party' but a 'coffee party' accoording to Breyton with baby D and some stuffed animals. There is not really coffee in the cups lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment