Monday, April 22, 2013

Days like today:)

I needed today.

Today was one of those days that was so wonderful that you pray the whole day moves in slow motion.

Last Saturday was a very hard day for me...blame it on lack of sleep, hormones, exhaustion, or the combination of it all with cranky kids it made for a bad day. I just reminded myself over and over that day that yes 'today is a bad day, but not every day is bad.'

Today was that refreshing reminder that I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. That there is no other occupation to which I am called and God is in every day.

All of this is partly due to the fact that it is my hubby's weekend and I love that man:)

Anyways, today we got to spend time with both of our families. Had our first picnic of the day out on Grammy's deck.

Then walked around barefoot in a 'field' of clover. Breyton found a turtle and a big fuzzy caterpillar which he enjoyed playing with. Here is a picture of D thoroughly enjoying picking clovers and eventually rolling around in them.


Today Breyton was "Mustache man" and he sported this mustache proudly all day long.
 
On the hour drive home the boys napped and the hubby and I chatted about the endless list of things we are excited about.
 
Once home we packed our 2nd picnic for the day and headed to the duck pond to enjoy our meal in this perfect weather! Followed up with getting snocones:)

Then anytime Breyton is outside he finds a flower to bring to mommy and today he picked this gorgeous one. He loves it when I put them in my hair and usually requests it now.....
 
 
......Of course Breyton thought baby D needs flowers for his hair as well LOL.
 
Now we have the kids tucked soundly in bed and it's movie time with the hubby.
Thank you God for days like today!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds lovely! I also loved the Breyton post- such a sweet kid!

    ReplyDelete