Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Updates on house building and DIY projects.

The hubby and I have been working our butts off on finishing up our DIY projects. 

Since believe it or not we are down to 3 weekends left before we move into the new house! One of those we will be having Breyton and D's double birthday party, so really leaves us with 2 weekends to wrap everything up. My right arm is pretty much falling off from painting so much the past 2 days. I can hardly lift it and it feels dead. Hoping I can use it again by tomorrow since I kind of prefer having two arms!

The hubby had quite a few troubles with the wood putty on our table, so it delayed the finishing of it. Also, he had to cut the wood for and build two benches. Anyways today he finally got to apply the stain! It looks so good, so I'm proud of him:) All that is left is applying the polyurethane top coats to the table and bench to protect the stain and make the dining table 'wipe able'. He will do that the next week we are in Shawnee and then it's complete therefore we will have a place to eat dinner as a family when we move.

And yes he built two benches...one is kind of messed up though lol...the other is perfect at least. Long story short his grandpa has these old antique 'rosé back' chairs in his barn that he said we could have to refinish. They are pretty old vintage chairs, so of course I said yes. Therefore we will have a bench on one side and 5 chairs(3 for one side and 2 for heads of table). I've got to pick out fabric and we will recover the seats and restain them. 

I know another project, right!? 

Main goal is just to have the seats recovered before we move, so we can sit in them. and refinishing them may have to wait till down the road! We are pretty spent on time these days.


While Mason built the bench and stained the table I painted Lyla's entire vanity, mirror, window seat, picture frames, and other wall decor. All in 100+ degree heat. We both smelled/felt/looked pretty bad by the end of the day to say the least! Feels good to have her room stuff done. I just get more and more excited to see it all come together. Now if I can get the paint out of my hair B so graciously put in!!

Here's a pic of some angel wings for one display on her wall.


A few of the other random vintage frames and mirror we've picked up super cheap.

I had already covered the vanity and seat so no pics of them...but I will post pics on here when her room is complete!!!

We immediately left Shawnee and drove straight to our new house because our builder called last minute and needed us to come meet with the company laying the sod.

The exciting part was they had finished painting the inside of our house!! We got to see all the paint and trim colors come together. It truly looked so amazing and I am so thankful for this opportunity to design the inside of our home. The inside is almost complete-Friday they bring out counter tops-then we just have fixtures and flooring left pretty much!

Mason will still go out and paint Lyla's room sometime in the next week or so. 

Then all painting will be done...FOREVER!! Haha maybe not quite, but my goal is to not paint anything for a long while after all this.

2012 was such a hard year with many trials and God is always so faithful when we trust in his timing. God has really blessed us in 2013 and I'm not taking any of it for granted...
especially the two new additions he has blessed us with! Can't wait to be a family of 5 in our home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment