Monday, September 23, 2013

Sooo close to meeting Lyla...and a baby D update.

Two more days and I'll be 37 weeks...full term. 

Hard to believe! I could obviously have 3-4 more weeks to go if Lyla stayed cooking as loooong as she possibly could. However, considering that Breyton was born at 38 weeks, how often I'm having Braxton hicks, and other tell tell signs I would guess labor is no too far off. My husband still has this Saturday, 28th, as his pick for when she comes. I think that's a tad too early, so I'm sticking with the following week closer to the 5th. I'm sure we are both wrong haha, but we will see:))

No matter what we are getting close!!!!

I've had the opportunity to see two newborns this week and got to hold a close friends little girl last night. She was less than a week old and no matter how many times you are around newborns you never ever get over how tiny they are.

Breyton loved her and was a little upset or curious as to why she got to come out before Lyla lol.

I just can't wait to be holding and snuggling Lyla! The newborn phase is so completely exhausting, but I really hope to take it all in bc quite possibly my last time.

Anyways, finally got all of Lyla's things washed and her few things packed in the hospital bag! (Wish I could say the same for my stuff:) Man her outfits are sooo cute though! I wish a picture could do justice of how stinkin itty bitty they are. Even though they are newborn size if she is like her brother then they will still swallow her at first. Packed 3 options just incase.. The 'Lil sis Lyla' outfit was made by my friend and I just looove it! Then the little cupcake pants are so precious and lastly just a super soft comfy warm sleeper if weather is cooler.




Our house is coming together though! I feel like the state it is in is livable....and will make do because I know once we have a newborn (on top of the two ornery boys) then nothing is going to get done for awhile.

Since we can't fit our 3 carseats in our car..well technically we can we just cant close the doors...details details haha. Anyways, we finally had the chance to put our car up for sale on Saturday. We had someone come look at it tonight...but no offer. Praying very hard it sells this week~if its meant to be~then we can get a car with a 3rd row in the nick of time before baby girl gets here! That would be such a blessing. Otherwise one of our parents will have to drive the boys home from hospital and I'll be staying home pretty much until our car does sell lol! 

Mason had training all today though and the lady was coming to see car when he got home, so I got to spend literally all day detailing and washing our car to get it ready to show. Just thankful that didn't put me into labor;)

What's left is needing the car to sell, a basinett or something for her to sleep in our room, and to finish packing my bag. I guess if she came early and those things still aren't done then we will make due! I'm done stressing about it all.

We are at the one year mark of when we lost our second baby last year and I will never forget that devastation. What a timely indescribable gift we are being given this year. Therefore all I really want is our baby girl to arrive safely in the next few weeks! 

Lastly, on a different note I have not updated about baby D's status in awhile and that's because I have not had much to say! People have been asking though. 

His bio mom is still in rehab and doing quite well there it seems. Not even sure how that makes me feel...so I can't tell you what I'm thinking.

On a positive we got a new caseworker who is appearing to be quite awesome. There was really no where to go but up from our last deadbeat one...but I'm really excited to have a new lady who seems eager to do whats best for the kids and just actually do her job.

The next court date is still October 24th..which should be interesting adding the newborn in the mix before then. I don't know what to expect on that date and don't know what to expect from mom in general. What we get to do is keep on loving mister D, praying hard, and wait, wait, wait. When (if ever) there is real news I'll update you with what I can!

All I know is God is good and he does have a plan. A complete mystery to me, but I can trust he will reveal it to me when the time is right.





1 comment:

  1. I pray that you have found comfort this past week with your court date and all the excitement of the new baby

    ReplyDelete