Tuesday, November 13, 2012

(Good) Behavior chart for young children.

I had never really thought about doing a behavior chart for Breyton, but I have run across them several times on pinterest now, so I decided to give it a try. B's behavior has actually improved over the past few weeks...at least the amount of tantrums seems to be slowly declining. I like the idea of a tangible thing he can see and be a part of to recognize good (or lack thereof) behavior.

                                                          Day 1


 This already 'cheap' idea was free since I had the poster board from B's birthday party-

I got the basic idea from this chart here and just tweaked it some. One thing I think will be good is that B doesn't respond well to time outs or spankings AT ALL(they make him more out of control).....so any other idea I can come up with to encourage good behavior and discourage bad behavior without the primary use of those two forms of discipline is a good thing.

Anyways, this is day 1. Therefore, it's hard to say much yet....but B has stopped doing a bad behavior twice today when I told him he was about to 'lose a coin'. If the idea is a flop I can still use the chart B and I made for a 'chore' chart soon:) I'll keep ya posted on how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment