Thursday, July 5, 2012

Creating artwork for Breyton's room.


Finally got around to doing the project I've been meaning to do since we re-did Breyton's room awhile back.
Breyton and I really love the way they turned out! They are images of some of his favorite things and kind of sentimental to me since they use 'artwork' of Breyton's from when he was 19 months old that I had been saving.

Obviously this idea came from something I saw on Pinterest awhile back and we made it our own.Basically you take blank canvas and paint it any color. Then you use paper your child has colored on to cut out images or shapes to modge podge to canvas. I used paper B had water-colored on because we do that way more often than crayons. The images I cut out came from the print on B's bedspread in his room to go along with the aquatic adventure theme.


So we started with water-colored paper and cut out images:


Then painted the canvas in orange and blue...then ready to modge podge cut outs. Here's the finished project...which I decided to outline in black marker to make them pop off canvas a little more. Pretty simple and fun art for B's wall.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment