Thursday, March 21, 2013

My nursery inspiration!

I know it's all still far away, but I can't help thinking about and planning out the nursery! Can't blame a girl.

Even after we find out boy or girl in May I won't be able to do anything with getting a nursery ready till I'm about 34/35 weeks pregnant..bc that's when we move into the new house-if it stays on schedule. Which should be interesting considering Breyton was born a little early at 38 weeks...I'll hope this baby gives me at least 2-3 weeks to get somewhat settled into the new house.

Any ways I've been saving my favorite ideas for each gender and that way I can at least have a plan and gather some things before we move in possibly...

If baby Long is a girl I've picked this color scheme(pictures below) these inspiration ideas will be recreated on a small budget since we are building lol.

-Love the mint/aqua wall color with the bright accent colors...this was the color my room was done in as a baby:)
-I already have that exact Jenny Lind crib which D is currently using, but I'll switch him to Breyton's old crib when we move bc it is bigger anyways. I found the crib for $20 on Craigslist-not a bad deal!
-I plan to sew the crib skirt myself...that way I can pick out whatever color and pattern I want, plus save money.
-The 'Pom pom's' above crib are a must. They shouldn't be too expensive bc they are DIY.
I look forward to finding more DIY ideas or thrift/antique store shopping for frames and other wall decor!




                                             Love the pom poms and the banner here!
 



Boy nursery ideas are not so set for me...probably bc I'm already planning out the big boys room in the new house so my main ideas are used.

I do love the colors in these rooms below:


This room below has the same exact color of furniture I already have from Breyton's baby room...I like the color scheme with the dark brown wood. Though not big on the solar system theme I would probably prefer a 'map' theme with world maps and globes for the accent pieces.
 
 

I like the natural tones of greys, brown, and twine globes hanging from ceiling in this room as well...

                             Then this DIY canvas idea I saw on pinterest is super cute....could do any print on it-just cut out cloth shapes and mod podge!
                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment