Saturday, October 6, 2012

Updates on life.

These past few weeks have been a whirlwind. We are moved into the new apartment. I should say our stuff is here....being unpacked or organized is a different story:) Crazy to think this time 4 weeks ago we had zero plans of selling our house any time real soon much less moving to an apartment, but here we are! Even though its been less than a week I really think we like living in the apartments. Downsizing is always a little rough and going from a house in the country to an apartment is an adjustment as well. However, I really think those are the only two 'cons'. I'm loving being closer to town. It takes me less than 2 minutes to go to the grocery store and about 5 min to get to Hobby Lobby:) Plus, there is a nice park less than a mile away for Breyton. I could go on and on about the 'pros' in my opinion so given a little time here we really feel like this was a good decision.

This past week was hectic trying to live out of boxes from Fri-Mon then trying to get moved on Monday evening(it got delayed) and then get ready for a house 'showing' on Tuesday. It would have been impossible without the help of some really important family and friends. Truly so grateful for them!

 Now the big deal breaker is how quickly our house sells. We have had several calls and one 'showing' over the past 2 weeks...but no offers or anything serious yet. I'm really not too concerned about it we have prayed long and hard so I know God already has a plan....waiting for it to unfold is the harder part.


On to other updates:
The road to adoption is....rather stalled. Not on our part so much, but on DHS's part. I've heard rumors about how they tend to operate, but experiencing it first hand is a tad bit more frustrating. We definitely have a 'bum' case worker and that's the nice way of putting it! Our original home study was scheduled for August 31st...to which she never showed or called to say she wasn't coming. Then I basically haven't been able to talk with her since. I've been trying to be in touch with just the local DHS office and the head lady instead, but mostly you get transferred, etc and no one calls you back. EVER.

Ok sorry for all the negative, but needed to get that off my chest. I have the feeling by the time something ever gets going they are going to make us redo a lot of our paperwork or exams because it's been so long. I really trust God and his timing so I'm not always so frustrated about it all it's just disappointing how you get the run around. Anyways, I'm going down there in person this coming week so hopefully soon I'll have more positive updates on how the process is going. I do realize with being in the apartment and a smaller space that it may limit what we can do as far as foster care to adoption right now, yet I'd like to keep the process going because I know it will still be awhile before we are 'certified', etc. Somehow despite all these unexpected changes I really feel a peace about our decisions and I'm just listening to where God is leading.

 3 quotes I found recently that I keep where I can read them often:

 “Faith isn’t the ability to believe or see long and far into the misty future. It’s simply taking God at His Word and taking the next step.”

 “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.”

"Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time."

All in all...(setbacks, frustrations, tears, disappointments, all the unknown, included) I can excited for where God is taking our lives because he promises it's better than I could have ever dreamed.

"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us," Ephesians 3:20





No comments:

Post a Comment