Thursday, October 11, 2012

Things to remember-September 2012

I didn't realize we already passed the one year mark of this blog. It's already crazy to look back at what all can happen and change in just one year. I know for sure Breyton is growing and changing so quickly-thankful to have these 'snapshots' of what he was doing from each month to look back on.

Better late than never here are the memories I have of Breyton from September:

1) At the start of the packing for moving process B found his Easter basket full of eggs from this past year....obviously this ended with a few days of him being obsessed with Easter egg hunting lol. In the middle of September. If our neighbors didn't think we were crazy before then this may have given them a hint!

Probably being the house with the toddler who would stand in the front window after stripping down,  run out the front door naked, or was always peeing somewhere in the yard was odd enough.

 Anyways, we spent hours hiding and finding eggs until *thankfully* the excitement wore off...and I could put the eggs up to be forgotten about:)

2) B had a hard time understanding the concept of actually moving to a different house at first. Clearly since hes never had to before this was a new concept to grasp. The day we found out I told him while we were sitting on the front porch. He sat there and thought a minute before pointing at where the concrete and brick meet on the house saying, "This house can't move it's stuck! See?!" as he pushes against the house. Then I had to explain we weren't moving this house, but getting a different one. B went on to say that about many parts of the house explaining to me that our bathtub, kitchen, etc couldn't move it was "too heavy".

I can say now that we've been in the apartment for over to 2 weeks he's got down the 'old house' and 'new house' idea and is completely adjusted/happy to be here thankfully!

3) So B had some pretty ornery moments. The 'terrible two' moments don't end at 3....really they just get smarter and harder to reason with! However Breyton had some shining moments in September where I can see how others feelings do matter to him:)

Here's my favorite example- B is in the pantry looking for a snack before bed and next thing I know he's saying "uh-oh momma". I go over to see he's somehow dumped the entire canister of oatmeal all over the floor. It's been a long day and I'm trying to get packed, etc not having extra time for messes....so my response was less than thrilled and told him I wasn't too happy he made such a big mess blah blah. I figured having him help would end up with a bigger mess so I told him to go to living room I had to run outside and do something then I'd clean it up. I'm gone outside for a minute or two and come back in...he's sitting in the floor picking up all the oatmeal(and doing a good job) then says, "I'm reaallly sorry momma. I clean it up for you, you happy now?"

4) Other random favorite phrases he says this month: "I'm just kidding!", "nope", "whatever, mom", "Just a minute!", "Just one more time.", "That's awesome.".

He loves to come into the room and "ROAR!"....then I say "Oh, no it's a monster!.... then he always says(with a 'duh' tone) "I'm just kidding mom. It's just me."

Breyton talks, and talks, and talks. He can really wear you out. I'm not the only witness to this people are always asking if he is EVER quiet. My answer is no.

 Pretty much always has something to say or more importantly a question to ask...if he runs out of words he fills the silence with any noise he can make. I do love how he can talk about pretty much anything now. Though I love his developing vocabulary I hope I never forget how he say's certain things right now like hippopotamus, apartment, and how 'very dangerous' comes out in the cutest drawn out 'vrevwy dan-gu-wraus'.

September was a month full of the unexpected and no matter what each day brings I'm very thankful to have this strongheaded, hilarious, one of a kind little boy.

Pics from September!


                                                  Superman and spiderman all in one!
 
Enjoying a rainy day:o)
 
Mr. Sunshine
 
 
OK so Breyton can kill me one day for posting this lol...but proof of his naked butt in the window! This is what he does when he gets out of the bath tub and takes off running(can you tell he likes to do what he knows I don't want him to do)..... By the way I don't let him stay there haha just had to snap a pic.
 
 
Feeding a deer at the state fair



                                     Shooting a bow and arrow at the Wildlife Expo

No comments:

Post a Comment