Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bedtime Chatter

I hope I never forget the conversations and memories made with 2.5 yr old Breyton at bedtime. We really look forward to bedtime around here and I can honestly say its not because B is going to sleep usually, but its the time the 3 of us get to do the most bonding. Between getting on pj's, brushing teeth, reading books, Mason and B wrestling around(even though they aren't supposed to at bed), saying prayers, and getting tucked in we spend about 30-40 minutes on B's bedtime routine.

Then the best part is when the lights are out and your laying in bed with him helping him settle down from the day and he just 'chats' with you. Breyton LOOOVES to talk all the time and rarely stops, but this is when B is super sweet! He will tell you he "wuvs you" 10 times and hug you neck tight and give you kisses. Then he always asks for me or dad to "stay, don't leave, lay with me"...because typically we leave right when he's drowsy not asleep, but some nights you can't help but stay since he asks so sweetly.

Tonight I layed with him, though typically Mason does, and he just went on and on about the most random things.
Our convo was something like this:

B-"Momma? Daddy go to sleep?"

Me- "Yes he did."

B-"Grammy and Gramps asleep? Mims and Papa asleep?"

Me-"Yes, they are about to be."

B-"Frogs asleep?, Daddy frogs and baby frogs?"
"Lizard asleep, coyotes asleep?"

Me- "Yes, time for you to go to sleep...."

B-"Ok I go to sleep, Im quiet"....silence......."I mowed the yard today"

Me-"Yup, you and daddy did and you did a great job"

B-"Momma I wuv you!"

Me- "I love you so much too!"

B- "The moon is out?, its dark outside?...I'm comfy....I'm cold"..."I need a blanket on"...."is the fan broke?"

Me-"No, its working"

B-"Don't leave mama, I wuv you"..."Give me love pats"

Me- "Ok,  I'm not leaving yet and I love you."

B-"Mama, I'm cute!"...."I wanna grow big"...."I go to sleep now"...."Where's the frogs at?"
    "I'm so tired"...."Night mama"

And really that's just 2 minutes of the 15 minute conversation we had....and I smiled through most of it because I love to hear the things that pop into his little mind at the end of the day! After he was asleep since Mason is asleep I couldn't help, but go watch him sleep for a minute. Then my emotional self started crying and crying about how he's going to grow up and not want to lay with 'mama' anymore talking about his day.....lol I'm a little crazy.:)

Its true though and they say you grow to love someone more each day even though you think it's not possible! But I loved Breyton more than life itself from the moment he was born... really more like since the moment I found out I was pregnant yet each day I do love him more and more......because we are growing  a relationship and a bond.

He's my little shadow, my buddy...and my son.

I wouldn't trade anything in the world for my time with him.





2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to thinking about them growing up and not wanting to cuddle. We've been teaching G to fall asleep in his crib. He has always only been able to fall asleep when you rock until now. He's settling without a fuss and just wants to hold my hand through the crib. As I lay there on the floor, I felt like I didn't want it to end because some day he won't want even that. Love this little guy so much. Love hearing about your sweet Breyton. Wished you guys lived closer. I think G would enjoy him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks watching them grow is so fun and what we want to happen, but sometimes it's hard to think about when they will think they don't need their mamas anymore! I wish we could have a playdate too, seems like Gavin is a lot like B was...so I know they'd have fun! Thankful for the time we do have with them though they are special little boys!

    ReplyDelete