Saturday, February 23, 2013

The past 10 days.

In the past week we have had baby D full time and we are so very thankful he is here with us! However, in that past week I really think the enemy was trying to dampen my spirits! Two days before D got placed with us I came down with the flu I had it for a full week where I felt completely horrible and there is not much resting with a toddler, a baby, and a husband who was working overtime. Plus a baby who did not sleep at night due to an ear infection, congestion, and teething! I felt so bad for him as well. Thankfully two dear friends did help out with giving Breyton an opportunity to get out of the house with their kids....and I may not have made it without that little bit of relief.

Then our windshield got a huge crack in it and that was unexpected expense which is never fun! Then one morning our washer flooded our kitchen and it ruined stuff in the pantry and was a huge mess to clean up.

I can finally say we are on the other side of most of that....I'm feeling better, D is sleeping a little better, and nothing else has fallen apart....yet:) On a positive note I was forced to reorganize and clean out the pantry and laundry room.

I also can tell you ONE very EXCITING thing that has happened in the past week!!! We found and purchased land to build our future home on....we then signed a contract to start building! Our 'forever home' should be completed in about 6 months. We are so very very anxious to get to watch our home go up and of course get to pick out details....and then to move one last time(atleast for a verry long time)!

Our land is full of trees and our house will have a big back porch, so I can already imagine us watching our kids grow up playing in the 'woods' behind the house and Mason and I growing old in some rockers on the porch:)

Patience is always required in everything-I keep learning- even though I'm already so excited to be in the new house we will enjoy the process of this awesome opportunity.... and our last months in this 'cozy' little apartment! I will post a picture of our lot and more details as the process gets going:)

No comments:

Post a Comment