Sunday, December 18, 2011

Potty Training SUCCESS!

Well its been a long time coming, so I'm relieved to say Breyton is out of diapers! I always said I would TRY to potty train early for many reasons and tried about 6 months back, but B just wasn't ready yet, so we took a break and waited little awhile and this time was really quick!
 I chose to do the "3 day naked method' which I will definitely be using in the future....basically you stop diapers cold turkey and don't go back to them. You let the child be naked from the waste down OR in our case I just let him wear loose fitting pants. This way they know immediately when they have an accident and can learn how to tell before they go. First day or two are rough learning experience, but day 3 and 4 have been a complete turn around! We had our fair share of accidents to clean up day 1 and 2 and was expecting to have few for the first week....proud to say we had had ZERO yesterday or today, no close calls either, even with going out looking at Christmas lights and lots of other distractions! I didn't even have to ask him he would come tell us. This started morning of day 3 when he started telling me every time he had to go and held it till we got to the potty. He is so excited and proud of himself too and claps saying "yeah buddy!" when he's done. Anyways its funny how exciting these things become when its your own child, but we are happy to have this big step complete....well as complete as it can be.... I'm sure there will be a few accidents in the future, since this is a learning process, but I'm amazed how quick he picked it up! Mostly I'm just proud of him, but realized while I watched him sleep last night that I was a little tinsy bit sad....now that he's in his big boy bed and out of diapers he is not at all like a baby anymore! Guess this day was inevitable and really is a good thing, so Mason says I need to quite being a emotional baby! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment